The Phoenixville Green Team is a group of local volunteers advocating the vision of a greener community that preserves the environment and promotes healthy, sustainable lifestyles and businesses. We develop and support local initiatives, build awareness and motivate people on how to “live, work, and play the Green Way” in the Greater Phoenixville Area.
We are always looking for curious, passionate members interested in exploring, advocating and creating local, sustainable and environmentally friendly ways to improve and enjoy our community.
The Green Team merged in 2015 with Phoenix Iron Canal and Trails Association (PICTA) adding the mission of the completing the 10 mile Phoenixville Greenway, a riparian buffer and trail system along the French Creek and Schuylkill River.
Our mission is to promote Community, Health and Sustainability
The Green Team has active projects pursuing the following goals:
- Natural Resource and Water Conservation
- Public Transit / Walkability / Biking
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycling
- Energy Conservation / Renewable Energy
- Buy Fresh – Buy Local
- Promoting Chester County Landscapes Multi-Modal Planning events.
- Presented The History and Future of the Phoenixville Greenway 1986-2016 to Boro and Regional Planning
- Successfully advocated for the
Borough of Phoenixville’s
- Mayor’s for 100% Clean Energy Endorsement
- Vision for a Future with 100% Renewable Energy by 2050 Resolution
- Installation of Solar PV on the new Maintenance Building
- Successfully advocated for the Phoenixville Area School District installation of Geothermal System
- Advocated for Clean Energy Planning including Community Solar and Passive House construction to PRPC
- Advocating for the Passive House construction of the Borough Civic Center
- Hosted two films inspiring sustainability and community action.